Friday, December 18, 2009

is that my cow? why no! it's a color rendering!



wish i got more done in this painting! i decided to try and mix atmospheric perspective with the intuitive color palatte, but it ended up taking a lot more time, so i missed out on some of the typography. i think my black and white was a more successful painting, but personally, i like this one better. the colors are just saturated enough to keep me from getting too bored. i'm not sure i'll go back and rework this painting, i need to take a break from painting from photos. time to paint some trees!!!
the atmosphere needs some help, so any suggestions on how i could improve on that would be great! i want to be able to apply atmosphere to my forest paintings next semester!
many thanks to all those in the art building who critiqued this painting. it really helped!

3 comments:

  1. what a splendid cow hillary!!!! I love it!! hahah. really really awesome, I just noticed the unicorn on your bottle lol. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job Hillary! Dont worry about atmosphere painting. Just go paint outside or go to forest and draw from live as much as you can!

    ReplyDelete